New ADSB venture to debut at security expo
Abu Dhabi, March 1, 2010
Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB) has announced that Gulf Logistics and Naval Support (GLNS), its new joint venture with UK’s BAE Systems Surface Ships, will debut at a major security exhibition and conference in Abu Dhabi.
Widely regarded as the definitive event in the Middle East, the International Security National Resilience (ISNR) Exhibition and Conference runs till March 3 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
A leading shipbuilder and naval support services provider in the Gulf region, ADSB aims to further broaden its regional presence through GLNS’ participation in the event.
The ship builder has been receiving additional enquiries from maritime security organizations after it signed an Dh460 million ($125.2 million) deal to supply 34 high-speed interceptor boats for Abu Dhabi’s Critical National Infrastructure Authority (CNIA) in 2009.
CNIA, the government authority tasked to oversee the protection of the emirate’s vital assets and infrastructure, will act as a strategic partner for ISNR 2010.
ADSB’s interceptor vessel deal reinforces its key support service role for Gulf and the Middle East maritime defence sector, said a top official.
“GLNS’ inclusion in ISNR 2010 is an excellent opportunity for us to show how its expertise in shipbuilding and naval support can help build up the Middle East’s defence capabilities,” said Homaid Al Shemmari, chairman of ADSB.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects