New ADSB venture to debut at security expo
Abu Dhabi, March 1, 2010
Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB) has announced that Gulf Logistics and Naval Support (GLNS), its new joint venture with UK’s BAE Systems Surface Ships, will debut at a major security exhibition and conference in Abu Dhabi.
Widely regarded as the definitive event in the Middle East, the International Security National Resilience (ISNR) Exhibition and Conference runs till March 3 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
A leading shipbuilder and naval support services provider in the Gulf region, ADSB aims to further broaden its regional presence through GLNS’ participation in the event.
The ship builder has been receiving additional enquiries from maritime security organizations after it signed an Dh460 million ($125.2 million) deal to supply 34 high-speed interceptor boats for Abu Dhabi’s Critical National Infrastructure Authority (CNIA) in 2009.
CNIA, the government authority tasked to oversee the protection of the emirate’s vital assets and infrastructure, will act as a strategic partner for ISNR 2010.
ADSB’s interceptor vessel deal reinforces its key support service role for Gulf and the Middle East maritime defence sector, said a top official.
“GLNS’ inclusion in ISNR 2010 is an excellent opportunity for us to show how its expertise in shipbuilding and naval support can help build up the Middle East’s defence capabilities,” said Homaid Al Shemmari, chairman of ADSB.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo