Suez Canal revenue falls 16.7pc
Cairo, March 18, 2010
Revenue from Egypt's Suez Canal declined 16.7 percent to $2.262 billion in the period from July to December 2009, the central bank said on its website on Thursday.
Revenue was $2.715 billion in the same period a year ago.
The canal is a vital source of foreign currency in Egypt, along with tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians living abroad. The fiscal year in Egypt starts in July. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans