Dubai Metro delays red line station launch
Dubai, April 13, 2010
All the 18 stations on the red line of Dubai Metro will become fully operational only by October, said a report citing a Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) official.
As per the original plan, the RTA was to open all the red line stations on April 30, but now only seven will start functiong, the Emirates Business reported.
Stations scheduled to open at the end of this month are Emirates Station, Airport Terminal 1 Station, GGICO Station, Al Karama Station, World Trade Center Station, Marina Station and Ibn Battuta Station.
'The RTA has moved the opening date of seven Metro stations by five days to April 30, RTA spokesman Peyman Parham weas quoted as saying. New trains to be used on this route are currently being tested, he stated.
The RTA is also reportedly reviewing train operating times and is considering extending normal operating time up to midnight and is also studying starting train operations a bit earlier on Fridays, he added.
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award