Ducab out in full force at German expo
Dubai, April 20, 2010
Dubai Cable Company (Ducab), a leading manufacturer of power cables in the Middle East, is sending a delegation of its top executives and a marketing team to Hannover, Germany, this week to identify new businesss opportunities.
It is the first time this year that Ducab is exhibiting its energy cables, cable accessories, and copper products in Europe, connecting with 2.5 million visitors at Hannover Messe 2010, the world’s largest power, industrial and energy expo which runs till April 23.
This comes as part of Ducab's plan to expand into burgeoning markets in the EU and abroad, said top official.
“We have gone the extra mile in making sure our products follow BICC and international standards like BASEC and LPCB, making them competitive with the best supplies offered the world over,” said Andrew Shaw, managing director of Ducab.
“Furthermore, Hannover is an exceptional opportunity to identify the collective advancements in the power and energy industry while sharing our own experiences during the past year,” Shaw added.
According to Shaw, this marks Ducab’s second participation in Hannover Messe following a positive experience from last year in which the company introduced key products to the German and wider global markets.
According to Business Monitor International’s (BMI) Germany Infrastructure Report for Q2 2010, the German construction industry alone is predicted to grow to approximately $148 billion by 2014.
While the report puts Germany’s energy sector behind industries such as transport development, the macroeconomic outlook is reportedly one of the strongest and most developed in Europe.
“Looking to international markets is one of the ways that Ducab has managed to maintain a strong revenue flow, and this will be particularly important as global economies start to recover from the financial downturn,” Shaw remarked.
“While the last twelve months have presented many challenges to the construction industry both locally and internationally, Ducab is optimistic about the future of UAE companies in the energy market.”
This year’s Hannover Messe exhibition is being launched under the motto 'Efficiency - Innovation – Sustainability,' and will include over 1,800 lecturers in 13 parallel trade shows featuring international contractors, suppliers, and construction clientele.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu