RWI targets 50pc growth in Qatar
Dubai, May 2, 2010
Rubber World Industries (RWI), the leading manufacturer of closed-cell rubber insulation 'Gulf-O-flex', aims to secure a 50 per cent growth in its business in Qatar this year.
This involves achieving an annual export volume target of 8 million tons (an equivalent of 120 containers) of its products to the country by year-end. In line with this, the company has marked a significant presence at the recently concluded ‘Project Qatar 2010’, the international trade exhibition for construction technology, building materials, equipment, and environmental technology.
The exhibition witnessed a showcase of the manufacturer’s newest offerings and its flagship product - ‘Gulf-O-Flex’, a closed cell elastomeric insulation and an environmentally friendly, CFC-free and flexible material, which can withstand severe environmental conditions.
Last year, RWI had signed new contracts with Qatar-based companies, thereby prompting it to pump up its export volume to the country this year.
“The rapid expansion of the construction sector in Qatar is driving the demand for high quality rubber insulation products, which can match the quality requirements of world-class developments being built across the country,” said Abu Baker Shaikhani, chairman, Rubber World Industries.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans
- Top industrial trade fair opens in Oman
- Siemens names key Middle East officials