ADSB launches Baynunah Corvette program
Abu Dhabi, May 5, 2010
Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB), a leading naval support services provider in the Gulf region, has launched the next phase of its 'Baynunah Corvette Class' pride program for the UAE Navy.
The First Of Class has already been launched in mid 2009. Four more corvettes are currently under construction in ADSB premises and the final delivery of all the 6 Baynunah Class Corvettes is expected to be completed by 2014, said a company statement.
The Prime Contractor has moved the second vessel from the assembly hall where it will pass through its final systems outfitting in preparation for its launching sometimes later in this year where it will go through an intensive acceptance trials prior to the final delivery to the UAE Navy.
“We are a few steps away from unveiling the second vessel under the Baynunah initiative. This latest phase advances what will be another important milestone for ADSB, UAE Navy and the Emirates,” said Homaid Al Shemmari, chairman of ADSB.
ADSB is jointly owned by Mubadala Investment Company (40 per cent), the Abu Dhabi Government (10 per cent), and various national shareholders (50 per cent).-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn