Etihad names new senior VP for cargo unit
Abu Dhabi, May 12, 2010
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has appointed Roy Kinnear as the new senior vice president of Etihad Crystal Cargo, replacing executive vice president Des Vertannes.
Vertannes is leaving Etihad to take up a senior role with IATA as global head of cargo, a statement said.
Kinnear, who will be based at Etihad’s headquarters in Abu Dhabi, will be responsible for the strategic development and growth of Etihad’s cargo division, which offers a range of cargo services linked to the airline’s expanding route network and fleet.
“Etihad Crystal Cargo has grown considerably since it was launched in 2004 and Roy’s particular expertise in balancing yield and load factor across the network to optimise revenue will be invaluable as our cargo operation matures,’ said James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ chief executive officer.
Kinnear has over 20 years’ experience in the airline industry, the statement said.
Prior to joining Etihad in December 2006 as vice president of revenue management, he held various senior positions including head of network revenue management of Gulf Air and general manager of revenue optimisation for British Midland Airways in the UK. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Carlyle sells stake in Saudi lighting firm to Philips
- Alba receives top UK honour
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth