Emirates Steel wins rebar certification
Abu Dhabi, May 26, 2010
Emirates Steel, the largest steel producer in the UAE, has been awarded the certification to manufacture grade B500B rebar and coil conforming to BS 4449:2005 by the UK Certification Authority for Reinforcing Steels (CARES).
The company is also certified as a quality manufacturer and supplier of products conforming to BS 4449:1997 grade 460B.
“Full tests have been carried out to demonstrate compliance with CARES performance requirements,” said Gregor Münstermann, CEO of Emirates Steel.
“Our products are subject to a program of periodical testing to ensure that they remain within the performance limits of this technical approval.”
The company now operates a quality system, which complies with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2008 and the relevant CARES quality and operations assessment schedules.
Grade B500B rebar is manufactured in the size range of 8 to 32 millimeters and coil in the size range of 8 to 12 millimeters as per BS 4449:2005. Emirates Steel also produces rebar in grade 460B.
Münstermann pointed out that the steel industry is one in which technological advances are continuous and noted that there have been advances in technology since Emirates Steel’s plant was upgraded, mainly in the areas of speed, tolerance and automation.
“Emirates Steel’s initiative in developing and implementing its IMS not only stems from its desire to excel in the steel industry, but also to protect the health and safety of our employees and the community, as well as our environment,” Abdel Moneim Tawfik, Emirates Steel’s quality assurance manager, concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production