ADPC awards $95m port systems contract
Abu Dhabi, June 13, 2010
The Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC) has awarded a Dh350 million ($95.3 million) port systems contract to Al Jaber GIS joint venture, for the Khalifa Port and Industrial Zone (KPIZ) project in Taweelah.
The contract involves the detailed design, procurement, integration and installation of the control systems throughout the onshore and offshore areas of Khalifa Port including a port operating system; a vessel traffic system; security; CCTV; telephony and communications; and all associated fibreoptic and control system cabling.
The complex package of work is due to commence on site in the first quarter of 2011 following detailed design and procurement phases. Completion is scheduled in the third quarter of 2012 to complement the completion of the overall port.
The lump sum port systems contract follows an extensive tendering process and is the third major construction package awarded in the last 10 months for the development of the new port and industrial zone at KPIZ.
Remaining major ADPC contracts for KPIZ, including Port offshore civil-building works, Port Terminal infrastructure and facilities, and Industrial Zone road and utilities networks are scheduled to be awarded in the next few months.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn