Sabic centre to focus on new products
Dubai, June 16, 2010
Sabic plans to soon open a new customer support and application development centre in Riyadh, said Khaled Al-Mana, executive vice president, polymers.
“The new centre will focus on engineering plastics to help local customers design and manufacture new products not produced in the GCC countries today,” he said addressing the First Gulf Petrochemical and Chemical Association (GPCA) Plastics Summit in Dubai.
Sabic is a key sponsor of the three-day summit which opened on June 14 and ends today (July 16).
Al-Mana spoke on the “Growth Opportunities and Challenges for Plastics Conversion in the GCC,” a special industry-segment focus of the conference’s main theme of “Sustainable Growth Across the Value Chain.”
“From the GCC perspective,” Al-Mana said, “we are looking at a booming sector with above-GDP growth over the next five years and the addition of more jobs to the 60,000 workers already employed by about 1,100 enterprises throughout the region.”
Al-Mana said he saw growth opportunities in two major areas: durable products for the construction industry and recyclable solutions for the packaging industry.
The GPCA Plastics Summit was jointly organised by GPCA - a voluntary, non-profit association representing the interests and concerns of the petrochemicals and chemicals industry in the Gulf - and Chemical Week, a leading trade publication for the global chemical industry. Sabic was a key sponsor of the event. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants