Sabic centre to focus on new products
Dubai, June 16, 2010
Sabic plans to soon open a new customer support and application development centre in Riyadh, said Khaled Al-Mana, executive vice president, polymers.
“The new centre will focus on engineering plastics to help local customers design and manufacture new products not produced in the GCC countries today,” he said addressing the First Gulf Petrochemical and Chemical Association (GPCA) Plastics Summit in Dubai.
Sabic is a key sponsor of the three-day summit which opened on June 14 and ends today (July 16).
Al-Mana spoke on the “Growth Opportunities and Challenges for Plastics Conversion in the GCC,” a special industry-segment focus of the conference’s main theme of “Sustainable Growth Across the Value Chain.”
“From the GCC perspective,” Al-Mana said, “we are looking at a booming sector with above-GDP growth over the next five years and the addition of more jobs to the 60,000 workers already employed by about 1,100 enterprises throughout the region.”
Al-Mana said he saw growth opportunities in two major areas: durable products for the construction industry and recyclable solutions for the packaging industry.
The GPCA Plastics Summit was jointly organised by GPCA - a voluntary, non-profit association representing the interests and concerns of the petrochemicals and chemicals industry in the Gulf - and Chemical Week, a leading trade publication for the global chemical industry. Sabic was a key sponsor of the event. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair