1st phase of Makkah Metro to run this Haj
Makkah, June 17, 2010
The first phase of Makkah Metro, which will transport pilgrims between Makkah, Arafat, Muzdalifa and Mina, will be in operation during this year’s Haj, said a report.
The project, which covers 18 km, is scheduled to run at full capacity in 2011, when it will have 20 trains, each with 12 carriages, said a report in Arab News.
The rail is designed to carry 70,000 pilgrims per hour between the cities and reduce congestion caused by motor vehicles.
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production