Gulf Industry Fair bookings up 25pc
Manama, June 28, 2010
Gulf Industry Fair (GIF), the only comprehensive industry-related expo in the Northern Gulf which begins next January, has received an overwhelming response from regional players with exhibition space bookings up 25 per cent compared to previous year.
Organised by Bahrain-based Hilal Conferences & Exhibitions (HCE), the Gulf Industry Fair 2011 will see industrial giants from the Gulf and further afield once again gather at Bahrain International Convention & Exhibition Centre (BIEC) from January 18 to 20.
The expo will feature the key industrial segments of Aluminium, Machine Tools, Industrial Equipment, Manufacturing, Automation, Steel, Energy, Logistics and Ports and Free Zones.
The organisers said the GIF has experienced an 25 per cent rise in space bookings when compared to the same time last year, with very positive feedback received so far, particularly from companies in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia looking to take advantage of the myriad opportunities offered in a region poised for remarkable industrial development over the next decade.
HCE managing director Jubran Abdulrahman said: “Current indications suggest the 2011 show will eclipse 2010 in terms of booked space. Gulf Industry Fair benefits from its close proximity to Saudi Arabia’s Eastern Province, the home of world-class hydrocarbons-based industries, petrochemical complexes, refineries, iron and steel manufacturing facilities and associated downstream industries and the focus of a massive investment surge over the next few years.'
He pointed out that this was a big opportunity for regional and international exhibitors aiming to raise their profile in Saudi Arabia.
'The Fair also benefits from government efforts to promote Bahrain as an industrial centre, through projects such as the Salman Industrial City development which is attracting considerable inward investment in the Kingdom,' he added.
Already confirmed as a GIF2011 Strategic Aluminium Partner for the second successive year is Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the world’s largest aluminium smelters, and more industrial leaders are set to follow suit.
Running alongside GIF 2011 will be the second Gulf Industry Forum, to be held at the BIEC Conference Suite on January 19 and featuring high calibre speakers from across the industrial spectrum.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures