GPIC in new production milestone
Manama, July 11, 2010
Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC) has announced it has so far produced 10 million tonnes of methanol at its state-of-the art facility in Sitra.
'The production of 10 million tonnes has been achieved in 25 years,' company general manager Abdul Rahman Jawahery said. 'This is a significant milestone to mark the plant's silver jubilee,' he added.
It also came during the visit of company managing director Anwar Saeed bin Salama to Bahrain.
Jawahery said the efforts of the shareholders, the chairman and board members and their continued support to the company were responsible for the achievement.
'We believe this success is closely tied to the quality of people that carry out each task,' he said.
'Training and development of Bahraini employees remains a top priority of management.'
He said the GPIC was able recently to enhance the production capacity of the methanol plant up to 1,220 tonnes per day, following the opening of the carbon dioxide recovery plant.
Jawahery said the GPIC has also suffered from the impact of the global economic crisis 'yet we have worked hard to adopt standard measures of performance to help tackle financial instability, without compromising safety or security.'
He said the GPIC would continue to train young leaders who would make the best use of the opportunity offered to them and contribute substantially to its success.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Carlyle sells stake in Saudi lighting firm to Philips
- Alba receives top UK honour
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth