Jesco to make first seamless pipes delivery
Khobar, July 24, 2010
Saudi-based Jubail Energy Services Co (Jesco) said on Saturday it will make its first shipment of seamless pipes to state oil giant Saudi Aramco in the coming two weeks.
The plant, which will produce 400,000 tonnes per year of seamless pipes -- used in oil and gas drilling -- is located in Jubail on the Gulf coast.
Jesco is 51 per cent owned by Saudi Industrialization and Energy Services Co (Taqa). Taqa was established in 2003 and acts as a project developer and is involved in oil and gas exploration and drilling.
The firm started trial production in December.
Jesco said in an emailed statement that other orders have also been placed for the US. It did not provide further details.
Taqa said in a separate statement its affiliate Saipem Taqa Al-Rushaid Fabricators (STAR) has completed the construction of two offshore platforms.
STAR is 60 per cent-owned by Taqa Al-Rushaid for Marine Works (TAM) while Italy's Saipem owns the rest. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai