Sabic opens Cape Town office
Riyadh, September 21, 2010
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic) has launched its new office in Cape Town, South Africa.
“This new facility will not only strengthen Sabic’s existing business relationships in South Africa, but will also improve the company’s sales performance in neighbouring countries,” stated Prince Saud bin Abdullah bin Thunayan Al-Saud, chairman of the Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu and Sabic chairman.
“This is another important stride we have taken towards achieving Sabic´s vision of being the preferred world leader in chemicals,” added Mohamed Al-Mady, Sabic vice chairman and chief executive officer.
“Moreover, this new office will be the perfect complement to our storage and distribution centre which already exists in Durban, South Africa. The Cape Town office launch is a logical step forward for Sabic and ideally positions us to take the sales of chemicals, polymers and fertilisers to a whole new level in the region.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export