Gazeley completes leasing of German facility
Dubai, September 21, 2010
Gazeley, a unit of Dubai-based Economic Zones World (EZW), a global provider of sustainable industrial and logistics infrastructure solutions, said it has fully completed the leasing of its massive logistics facilities in Germany.
Announcing this on Tuesday, Gazeley said the last available space measuring 10,800 sq m at G.Park Karlsruhe-Kandel – located just off the A-65 motorway junction connecting Mannheim and Karlsruhe cities – has been leased to Magna Exteriors & Interiors.
With a footprint of 46,000 sqm G.Park Karlsruhe-Kandel is one of Gazeley’s biggest sheds in Germany.
Magna Exteriors & Interiors is a wholly-owned operating unit of Magna International, a full service supplier of exterior vehicle appearance systems to the automotive industry.
The long-term agreement with Gazeley secures for Magna a world class logistics hub to support its service contract with Daimler AG whose HGV production plant is just 12 km away in the city of Wörth, said a top official.
Ingo Steves, country director of Gazeley Germany, said: “I am pleased to say that with this lease agreement all our properties in Germany are now fully let.”
'Gazeley customised the leased building at G.Park Karlsruhe-Kandel to meet specific elements required by Magna including curtain-side loading doors among others.'
'Magna plans to operate the facility with a staff of 70 people in two shifts when it starts its operations on October 1,' he added.
Gazeley Germany executives employed an imaginative approach in their quest for the right customer for Cell IV at the G.Park Karlsruhe-Kandel warehouse, Steves said.
Their regional property agents Colliers and Ellwanger surveyed the truck traffic on the access to the Mercedes HGV plant and used the data to customise an offer for the renowned automotive supplier Magna International.
The 30-acre Gazeley Germany site is located in a coveted region in the industrial heartland of South-West Germany, close to major end-users from the automotive, chemical and manufacturing sector.
Besides Gazeley, EZW’s current portfolio includes Jafza, one of the world’s largest free zones; TechnoPark, a research driven business and industrial park, and Dubai Auto Zone, a comprehensive market place for the Auto industry.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai