Dow Coating displays new pipeline solutions
Abu Dhabi, September 21, 2010
Dow Coating Materials (DCM) is showcasing coatings solutions for pipeline corrosion protection which respond to the increasing rigors of offshore oil and gas at an ongoing summit in Abu Dhabi.
DCM is a sponsor, participant and presenter at the IQPC fifth annual Corrosion Management Summit, being held at Le Royal Meridien in Abu Dhabi from September 19 to 22.
DCM, the largest global supplier of raw materials for the coatings industry, will be focusing on further developments in fusion bonded epoxy (FBE) coatings for pipelines both at the Dow stand and in a technical paper.
Omar Ayoub, DCM sales director for Middle East and Africa, explained that coatings manufacturers are expected to work closely with industry partners in today’s exacting environment.
“The whole oil and gas industry is facing a challenge: to increase efficiency in operations and yield in exploration, while reducing the risk of shutdowns and spills,” he said.
“As a result, pipeline and equipment corrosion protection has become more critical, especially as we’re dealing with more extreme temperatures and harsher conditions.”
“What this means is that we’re all working towards the same goal, and when we combine our experience in pipeline corrosion protection coatings with the expertise of regional formulators and other customers, we can deliver the most timely, effective solutions to this market,” Ayoub added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office