200 delegates attend ME chemical forum
Manama, October 12, 2010
More than 200 delegates from 20 countries are taking part in the first Middle East Chemical Week conference and exhibition which runs until Wednesday.
This is the first time that the annual Petchem Arabia Conference and the Middle East Fertiliser Symposium have come together and the organisers, the World Refining Association, have claimed the move has been a major success.
'In the past, we have run these two events separately in the UAE but this year we decided to hold both at the same event in Bahrain and the feedback has been excellent,' said conference director Dominica Andrews.
'The petrochemical industry and the fertiliser industries are obviously different but they have a lot in common and while they have distinct markets, they are related.
'Bringing the two events to one forum is a move that we intend to continue when we bring this show to Bahrain next year.'
'We have a lot of support from the Oil and Gas Affairs Ministry, from Gulf Petrochemicals Industries Company and Bapco who have laid on visits for the delegates and Bahrain has proved a very good venue,' she said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export