ArcelorMittal eyeing Egypt partnership
Cairo, October 14, 2010
Luxembourg-based ArcelorMittal, the world's No. 1 steelmaker, has approached Egyptian Iron and Steel to forge a partnership, an Egyptian newspaper reported.
The tie-up would help Egyptian Iron and Steel raise EGP15 billion ($2.6 billion), al-Masry al-Youm reported, citing an unnamed official at Holding Company for Metallurgical Industries, an affiliate of the Egyptian firm.
The talks could lead to ArcelorMittal helping develop Egyptian Iron and Steel through major investments and transfer of technology and equipment to the Egyptian company's factory, the paper said. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair