Industries Qatar Q3 profit rises to $412m
Doha, October 14, 2010
Petrochemicals and metals company Industries Qatar reported a 28.2 percent increase in third quarter net profit on Thursday, beating analysts' forecasts.
The Gulf's second-largest chemical producer by market value made a third quarter net profit of 1.5 billion riyals ($412 million), compared with 1.17 billion riyals a year earlier.
Analysts polled by Reuters had expected a quarterly profit, on average, of 1.27 billion riyals.
The company reported a nine-month net profit of 4.1 billion riyals. Industries Qatar is one of the regional petrochemicals companies that have struggled through the global economic downturn, although market fundamentals have shown signs of recovery since late last year.
The company posted a net profit of 2.6 billion riyals in the first half of the year. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production