Key supply chain conference opens in Bahrain
Manama, October 25, 2010
Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association (GCPA) announced the start to its second supply chain conference yesterday at the Gulf Hotel in Bahrain.
Present at the initial introduction meeting were Equate Petrochemical Company chief executive officer and GCPA vice-chairman Hamad Al Terkait, Supply chain - Tasnee general manager and GCPA supply chain committee vice-chairman Dr Abdul Aziz S Al Bati and GCPA secretary-general Dr Abdulwahab Al Sadoun.
They highlighted the key supply chain issues including transportation of liquid and bulk chemical products via land or sea, global standards and regulations, Middle Eastern guarantee that supplies are delivered to markets safely and how products can be delivered in a cost-effective and socially responsible manner.
The conference runs until Tuesday.
International industry leaders will also speak at the conference, providing updates on projects and plans in progress to get the Middle East supply chain infrastructure up and ready to meet world expectations. A workshop covering global standards for the transportation of hazardous materials will also be held.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai