Aramco unit takes delivery of new VLCC
Khobar , November 3, 2010
State oil giant Saudi Aramco said its shipping subsidiary Vela International Marine had started to operate a new Very Large Crude Carrier (VLCC).
Matar Star, which is the third of four VLCCs Vela ordered from South Korea's Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering, entered into service on October 26, Aramco said in a statement on its website.
The Dubai-based firm currently operates 20 VLCCs and five product ships, according to its website. Each VLCC can carry 2.1 million barrels of crude oil per voyage.
Vela has expanded its fleet from 4 second-hand tankers it had when it was formed in 1984.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo