Sabic's US affiliate, Lummus in tech deal
Riyadh, November 9, 2010
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic) said on Tuesday its US subisidiary Sabic Americas has signed a deal with Lummus Technology to develop a technology to produce paraxylene.
The deal would allow Sabic Americas and Lummus, part of CB&I, commercialise the toluene methylation (TM) technology to produce paraxylene.
'This project is aligned with Sabic's strategy to be a technology provider and licensor,' Abdulrahman Al-Ubaid, Sabic's executive vice president for technology and innovation, said in a statement.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts