DP World secures top accreditation
Dubai, December 12, 2010
Global port operator DP World has achieved the prestigious Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) Organisation Certification for Procurement Excellence.
The CIPS Organisation Certification is the most recognised international standard for an organisation’s procurement and supply chain policies, procedures and strategies. To date, only 90 companies worldwide have attained accreditation, with quality-controlled CIPS annual audits. DP World is the first maritime terminal operator to achieve accreditation.
The certification followed intensive audits by an independent CIPS Audit team from London.
“Efficiencies in procurement and cost management contribute directly to the balance sheet of our company. At DP World Head Office we have gone the extra mile to ensure that our procurement policies and practices are governed by an absolutely ethical framework, underpinning and safeguarding the interests of the company and its stakeholders,” said Iqbal Khoory, senior vice president – Procurement, DP World.
“DP World has demonstrated that it has sound procurement policies, processes and procedures in place. This not only increases work efficiency, but also further enhances DP World’s credibility with its suppliers and stakeholders,” added David Noble, chief executive, CIPS.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans