ADAT to set up GE overhaul shop
Abu Dhabi, December 14, 2010
Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies (ADAT) has unveiled details for the world’s first GE and Engine Alliance network partner Overhaul Shop and Test Cell Facility for the GEnx and GP7200 models, located in Abu Dhabi.
Design of the new facility is underway with ground breaking planned for the first quarter of 2011. It is expected that the test cell and shop will be ready by the first quarter of 2013 and will support the growing fleet of GE engines in the Mena region.
As part of the GE and Mubadala agreement signed in 2009, GE has been supporting ADAT in the design and construction of this facility to meet the industry’s global regulations, through providing the necessary expertise during the development phase.
In addition to the GEnx and GP7200, the facility will also service the GE90 engines.
ADAT is owned by Mubadala Aerospace and forms a key part of plans to establish Abu Dhabi as an integrated global aerospace hub. Mubadala has formed partnerships with the world’s leading aerospace companies to develop the industry in Abu Dhabi.
The new ADAT engine facility forms part of GE and Mubadala’s 2009 agreement that expands GE's global network of engine maintenance, repair and overhaul providers in the Middle East and further advances Mubadala's plans to build a global MRO network centered in Abu Dhabi.
Mubadala Aerospace GE partnership, since formation has seen ADAT and SR Technics benefitting from enhanced technical and material support for the CF6 and CFM56 engines, and significantly, ADAT establishing GE90 on-wing support capability and is currently GE’s Middle East on-wing support partner for this engine.
Homaid Al Shemmari, chairman of ADAT and executive director Mubadala Aerospace, said: “Today’s announcement is an important milestone for our MRO plans and another example of the strength of the Mubadala GE relationship. The ADAT facility will be a world first GE and Engine Alliance facility and brings significant new capability to the region.”
Muhammad Al-Lamadani, GM Eastern Europe, ME and CIS, GE Aviation, added: “GE Aviation has been in cooperation with ADAT for two decades, and we are delighted to enhance our relationship and MRO network with Mubadala.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai