Abu Dhabi Ship Building names acting CEO
Abu Dhabi, December 15, 2010
Abu Dhabi Ship Building has named general manager Mohammed Salem Al Junaibi as acting CEO effective January 1.
He will take over incumbent CEO Bill Saltzer who will step down at the end of 2010 but will remain a member of the board.
Al Junaibi was appointed general manager of Abu Dhabi Ship Building in 2005.
“Saltzer has been exemplary as our CEO and I intend to carry on with his good work. There are a lot of opportunities in Abu Dhabi Ship Building’s pipeline which I look forward to pursuing in my new position next year,” said Al Junaibi.
Incoming CEO Al Junaibi, who is also a board member of Gulf Logistics and Naval Support LLC (GLNS), and Abu Dhabi Systems Integration (ADSI), served the UAE Navy in various key positions prior to joining the ship builder, including as head of the Technical Department.
He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from the Engineering University in the US and has obtained several certificates in Weapon Engineering, Combat System Management and Ship Building / Program Management from various institutions in the US, UK, Germany and Holland.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export