Borouge to showcase innovative solutions at Arabplast
Abu Dhabi, January 6, 2011
Borouge, a leading provider of innovative and value creating plastics solutions, will present its advanced and differentiated plastics solutions for the infrastructure, automotive and advanced packaging markets at the Arabplast next week.
The 10th Arab International Plastics and Rubber Industry Trade Show and Conference (Arabplast) will be held from January 8-11 in Dubai.
As the United Arab Emirates plastics producer and a major player in the Middle East market, Borouge will present breakthrough solutions at the bi-annual exhibition.
One of the highlights is a groundbreaking new solution which supports customers, design consultants and pipe producers in the Middle East to provide large diameter polyolefins (PO) pipes for increasing number of new industrial projects in the region, a statement said.
To support the further development of innovative plastics solutions, Borouge is currently investing in a new Innovation Centre in Abu Dhabi and has recently expanded the annual capacity of its plant at Ruwais, Abu Dhabi to 2 million tonnes of polyolefins. By the end of 2013, with the Borouge 3 expansion project, the annual capacity of the plant will be further expanded to 4.5 million tonnes, it said.
Borouge’s presence will also feature the pioneering Water for the World programme which contributes to conserving the Earth’s most valuable resource and addresses the global challenge of securing fresh water and proper sanitation for the global community. Currently Borouge is involved in the replacement of water distribution networks in four villages in Northern Pakistan that were destroyed by the floods occurred in July this year, the worst seen in 80 years.
“Arabplast is a unique opportunity for us to present our innovations and the investments we are making in the Middle East,” said Hussain Sultan Lootah, Borouge’s senior vice president for the Middle East.
“The 2011 exhibition is 25 per cent larger than the previous exhibition in 2009, reflecting robust global plastics demand and the growth of the Middle East markets. Our significant increase in production capability in Abu Dhabi allows us to stand above the competition through our proprietary Borstar cutting edge technology and strong commitment to our customers.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai