Equate names new finance chief
Kuwait, January 9, 2011
Kuwait-based Equate Petrochemical Company has announced the appointment of Salah Al-Kharji as the new chief financial officer (CFO). He succeeds Abdulkarim Mubarak who had been the finance chief since 1999.
Equate is a joint venture between Petrochemical Industries Company (PIC), The Dow Chemical Company (Dow), Boubyan Petrochemical Company (BPC) and Qurain Petrochemical Industries Company (QPIC).
Al-Kharji joins Equate after more than 17 years of service at Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC) followed by Petroleum Industries Company (PIC) where he finally held the role of finance team leader, said a company statement.
Equate president and CEO Hamad Al-Terkait said Al-Kharji’s selection stems from his experience, qualifications and competencies that will greatly benefit Equate as a world class company.
'To Equate, human resources are its most valuable asset and Al-Kharji’s appointment is a boost to our focus on attracting qualified national manpower,' he remarked.
Lauding Mubarak for his role in Equate's growth and development, Al-Terkait said, 'Since joining in 1996, he had contributed greatly to the business and its exceptional growth, including managing the funding and establishment of Equate and Equate II joint ventures.'
Equate chairman Yousef Al-Ateeqi, PIC chairman and MD Maha Mulla Hussain took part in the function to honour outgoing finance chief Mubarak.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export