Alba names new investor and PR manager
Manama, February 2, 2011
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), ranked as one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, has appointed Eline Hilal as the new investor and public relations manager.
After joining Alba on March 1, she will be reporting to Alba’s chief executive, Laurent Schmitt, and will be responsible for bolstering Alba’s public relations initiatives, overseeing the company’s internal and external communications, and developing strategies and programmes for promoting Alba’s investor relations activities.
Investor relations is a new focus area at Alba, and has been prompted by the need to be responsive to the communication requirements for both retail and institutional investors.
It will also provide point-of-contact for all shareholder and investor related queries, ensure compliance with stock-market regulatory bodies in Bahrain and the UK, and offer effective communication between the company and the financial community.
Alba is currently listed in Bahrain Bourse and the London Stock Exchange, and its recent IPO generated tremendous response from retail and institutional investors.
“Eline Hilal’s experience in handling communication requirements of diverse international financial markets, knowledge of the requirements of the investor community, and skills in mapping out strategies for effective communication outcomes will prove invaluable in her position as Alba’s new Investor & Public Relations Manager,” said Schmidt.
“Our decision to integrate investor relations and public relations is to ensure consistency in messaging across diverse communication platforms, and to make sure that it is also reflected in all of our public relations initiatives,” he added.
Eline Hilal was part of the investor relations team at the Zain Group from 2007 till the present. She holds a B.S. in banking & finance from the Lebanese American University, Lebanon, and Masters in international finance from the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit