Flynt Group rebrands to Barloworld Logistics
Dubai, February 22, 2011
Flynt International Forwarders and its group companies have merged and rebranded to Barloworld Logistics, a leading provider of supply chain management solutions.
In 2008, Flynt Group of companies were acquired by Barloworld Logistics and in line with its corporate brand strategy, all the Flynt Group companies are now merged and consolidated under the brand Barloworld Logistics in Hong Kong & China.
With the rebranding, the operation in Hong Kong will be known as Barloworld Logistics (Hong Kong), whereas, the Shanghai operation will be Barlowolrd Logistics (Shanghai) with Guangzhou as a branch there-of.
Barloworld Logistics is a part of the South African Barloworld group. In 2008, Barloworld Logistics acquired several businesses in the Middle East & the Far East to strategically position itself on the world’s leading East-West trade flow.
“Our strategic intent is to provide supply chain management solutions to medium and large corporate customers. Fundamentally, we want to demonstrate our capabilities in supply chain management through the freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution offerings that we have acquired from Flynt,” stated Deon Heyns, managing director for the Barloworld Logistics Far East operations.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn