Roots Steel acquires 2 Sharjah factories
Dubai, March 20, 2011
Jeddah-headquartered Roots Steel Group has announced the acquisition of Ginco Steel and Polyco, both wholly owned subsidiaries of Bank of Sharjah since 2000.
Roots Steel Group, established in 2008, is an ISO 9001:2008 certified organization that has grown significantly since the founding of its first plant in Syria in 2009.
“Roots Steel Group aims to be the leading global player in metal building systems and structural steel industries in the region,” said Mahmoud Mustapha, managing director of the group.
Ginco Steel, established in 1975, has an ISO 9001:2008 certified by SGS Switzerland in 2003. Its core activities include design, production, sales and erection of steel structures for high-end oil and gas, infrastructure, industrial, commercial and other projects.
Polyco Ltd Co, established in 1982 and also similarly certified by SGS Switzerland in 2004, operates mainly in design, production, sales and erection of conveying systems for the mining, industrial and food industries. Polyco also manufactures and supplies various types of oil field cabins.
Among the latest expansion initiatives of Roots Steel Group is the establishment of a new plant in Egypt, which will be inaugurated by May. Another new plant facility in Bahra near Jeddah is expected to be operational by mid-2012.
The group is targeting a combined production capacity of 300,000MT per year from all its plants, covering the Middle East, Africa and Asia, Mustapha said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan