Jafza wins Dubai quality award
Dubai, April 6, 2011
Jafza, the flagship entity of Economic Zones World, has won the prestigious Dubai Quality Award for excellence in the service sector.
Jafza was one of only 3 companies in the emirates to be awarded this year.
The company’s outstanding service standards, consistent growth over the years, innovative products, CSR initiatives and increased dialogue with customers and employees alike, were amongst the several deciding factors that won over the panel at this year’s Dubai Quality Awards.
“We strongly believe that quality, when ingrained in the organisation’s DNA results in higher productivity, greater value to customers, satisfied employees, and ultimately better financial results,” said Salma Hareb, chief executive, Economic Zones World.
Jafza was previously also the recipient of the DQA award in 2003 and has since undertaken an extensive business process re-engineering exercise to improve operations and processes.
The annual Dubai Quality Award is aimed at improving quality in government departments as well as private companies based in the UAE for best practice, service and integration.
DQA uses the EFQM (European Foundation for Quality Management) Model to assess the participating entities.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai