DP World’s Jebel Ali Port wins top honours
Dubai, April 7, 2011
Marine terminal operator DP World’s flagship Jebel Ali Port has won the Golden Award for Best Seaport Overall from the Higher Committee for UAE Civil Seaports and Airports Security.
The award, the highest recognition in the UAE for civil maritime security, cited Jebel Ali Port for its committed adherence to national security requirements as well as implementation of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code set by the International Maritime Organisation to enhance security of ships and port facilities.
“The Integrated Security System that shields Jebel Ali Port is the most advanced in the world, and winning the prestigious Golden Award is recognition of our commitment to safeguarding the interests of the nation and of our customers,” stated Mohammed Al Muallem, senior vice president and managing director, DP World, UAE Region.
The Higher Committee also awarded certificates of merit and appreciation to Mahmood Amin, chief executive officer, Group Security and World Security, the specialist turnkey security solutions provider of Dubai World, in charge of implementing the security system at Jebel Ali Port.
Last year, Jebel Ali was certified Best Port Overall, Best Port in Qualifying & Training and Best Port in Emiratisation in the Higher Committee’s annual list of honours for 2009.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export