New roads project on track in Bahrain
Manama, April 19, 2011
Bahrain's Works Ministry has announced new roads being built in blocks 602 and 604 in Sitra.
Roads Projects and Maintenance director Raed Al Salah said the BD214,872 ($570,065) project, which is expected to take 32 weeks to complete, had been awarded to Al Tadamon Excavation.
'The 2.8km roads will connect 217 housing units to the main road network,' he said.
'Once the new roads are ready, traffic movement in the area will improve and safety will increase.'
Meanwhile, the ministry said yesterday that construction work on the Imam Al Hussain Avenue in Manama would result in the closure of one lane on stages from today for three months.
It said the water supply works carried out by Electricity and Water Authority had also resulted in the closure of one lane from both directions of Awal Avenue and the main access to Juffair from the Al Fateh Highway for 10 days starting tomorrow.
Construction work on Al Ghous Highway at its intersection with Avenue 8 and Avenue 9 in Busatieen will also result in closure of one lane for southbound traffic for eight weeks, starting tomorrow, said the ministry.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour
- Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit
- General Lighting plans Saudi share sale
- Kizad eyes UK investment at aluminium show
- Grace plans $200m UAE fluid cracker JV plant
- Globe Express bolsters Kuwait services
- Gulftainer, Mag Line launch new vessel
- Dow showcases solar tech at Dubai expo