Mapei nets record 2010 revenue
Dubai, May 10, 2011
Mapei, a leading manufacturer of adhesives and sealants with a major regional presence, said its 2010 revenue surged to euros 1.9 billion ($2.72 billion) from euros 1.7 billion the previous year.
Founded in Milan in 1937, Mapei is also a global leader in production of chemical products for buildings.
The Italian group boasts of a significant regional presence through its UAE subsidiary Innovative Building Solutions. The company operates a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility at Dubai Investments Park.
Mapei's business performance over the past few years was complemented by a recent agreement with Henkel Group to acquire adhesives and building products under Ceresit and Thomsit brands in South Korea.
A manufacturing facility in Chungcheongbuk-do and head offices in Seoul were also opened to support Mapei's latest acquisition, it said.
Including this, Mapei now has 68 subsidiaries and 58 manufacturing facilities in 27 countries spanning five continents.
'The acquisition of these premium adhesive and building product brands that were previously under the Henkel Group underlines our strong commitment to expand across high-growth markets,' remarked Veronica Squinzi, global development director, Mapei.
This agreement, she said, has opened new business prospects for Mapei and enables us to penetrate niche markets.
'We are leveraging our strong presence in key markets such as South Korea and the UAE, which is one of the most developed countries in the Middle East, to create more opportunities for growth and to expand in other prime destinations worldwide,' Squinzi added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers