EZW wins human resource excellence award
Dubai, May 30, 2011
Global free zone operator Economic Zones World has won the top award at the GCC HR Excellence Awards 2011 held recently as part of the 6th Human Assets Expansion Middle East Summit.
“EZW has always maintained that its people are valuable assets and important to the company’s success and long-term business sustainability. Besides offering equitable and competitive compensation, EZW is committed to fostering overall development of its employees. This award is an incentive to step up our efforts and perform even better,” said Adel Bin Turkeya, SVP Human Resources, Economic Zones World.
The free zone operator’s ongoing initiatives include orientation programmes, customised in-house training courses, corporate development programme, which is accredited by KHDA and University of Dubai, the Mishwar Program, specially designed for freshly recruited UAE Nationals, and the job rotation program implemented this year for employees to widen their knowledge in various functions within their department, among many others.
The company has also initiated various programmes not directly related to employees jobs like ‘Money Matters!’ launched to instruct employees on money management and financial planning; cultural awareness sessions for expatriate employees and basic safety induction awareness sessions.
Held under the theme 'Human Capital - Catalyst that makes your organisation grow and succeed', the three-day 6th Human Assets Expansion Middle East Summit brought together CEOs, heads of human resources and development departments, recruitment managers and other HRD professionals from leading Middle East companies.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export