Equate wins international HSE Gold Award
Kuwait, June 1, 2011
Kuwait-based Equate Petrochemical Company has won the Gold Award for the third consecutive year, in the Manufacturing (Hydrocarbon) Category of the prestigious GCC Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Excellence Award 2011.
“This success that clearly reflects Equate’s employees commitment and implementation of HSE best practices that are a core element of our business conduct at all time as such a thing was only achieved through innovative commitment to execute HSE programs and initiatives, Six Sigma projects and decreasing Recordable Injury Rate (RIR),” stated Equate president & CEO Hamad Al-Terkait.
“Through unwavering commitment, Equate achieved close to 25 million Safe Work Hours (SWH) in 2010, which is a true World Class record. In addition, Equateis the first Kuwaiti company to receive Responsible Care certification and accreditation which is living proof of our commitment to ensure the wellbeing of all our surroundings,” he added.
The award is organised by the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) Kuwait Chapter as part of the ASSE Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Excellence Awards using top-notch international measures for scoring and valuation.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo