Alba names sales manager for Europe
Manama, June 1, 2011
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, has appointed Boris Santosi as the new sales manager for the European market.
Santosi will be based at Alba’s new European sales office in Zurich, Switzerland, and will be reporting directly to chief marketing officer, Jean Baptiste Lucas.
He will be responsible for overseeing the growth and development of this key marketing territory, nurture relations with present and potential customers as well as expand the footprint of Alba products’ portfolio in Europe.
“Alba remains keen on expanding its presence globally and has recognised Europe to be one of the growth areas for the company’s high-grade aluminium products,” said Laurent Schmitt Alba’s chief executive.
“The new sales office in Zurich will, no doubt, provide Alba with a regional presence required for supporting closer interaction with customers in Europe.”
“Boris Santosi’s nearly two-decade experience in the aluminium industry in diverse international markets, and success in meeting key business objectives will prove invaluable as he takes up his position as Alba’s new Sales Manager for Europe. We are confident that he – along with his team – will play a key role in expanding Alba’s presence in the European market and we wish them all success,” Schmitt added.
Prior to this position, Santosi was based in South Africa where he worked for Pechiney Southern Africa in Johannesburg as vice president, Precious Metals. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai