Gulf Industry Fair to kick off on Feb 14
Manama, June 5, 2011
Gulf Industry Fair (GIF), the premier business-to-business (B2B) industrial exhibition in the Northern Gulf, will be held from February 14 to 16 next year at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre.
The Fair, being organised by Bahrain-based Hilal Conferences and Exhibitions (HCE), will attract leading companies from key industrial sectors in the region.
GIF 2012 is being organised as Northern Gulf governments spearhead multi-billion dollar industrial investments.
In Saudi Arabia alone, nearly $90 billion will reportedly be spent in the next decade on adding new power supply networks, while $30 billion will be spent on new water projects up to 2016.
Known for its high calibre of visitors, the 2012 exhibition promises to attract senior decision makers, procurement personnel and product specifiers from the buoyant Northern Gulf region, making it the ultimate B2B networking experience.
HCE managing director Jubran Abdulrahman said: “The overall economic vision for many countries is based on wealth driving demand for services. It is clear wealth creation will come from industry, so we anticipate the industrial manufacturing and services sector to see outstanding growth opportunities over the next few years."
"This positive vision of the future for Bahrain and the GCC forms the basis of HCE’s vision for Gulf Industry Fair," remarked Abdulrahman.
Local, regional and international enterprises representing the aluminium, machine tools, industrial equipment, manufacturing, automation, steel, energy, logistics, Ports & Free Trade Zones and vocational training sectors, from world-scale manufacturers to specialist equipment suppliers, distributors and agencies, will participate in the Fair.
GIF 2012, the fifth edition of the successful show series, will seek to build upon the success of the 2011 show, when 107 exhibitors from 16 countries conducted $30 million worth of business.
HCE conference director, Ahmed Suleiman said: “The initial response from regional and international companies has been positive and we are confident that GIF 2012 will be bigger and better than GIF 2011.”
To date, the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce, British Expertise, a trade organisation which promotes British companies overseas, the German Arab Chamber and Machinery Trade International have confirmed their support for GIF 2012.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures