Equate Petrochemical wins CSR award
Kuwait, June 11, 2011
Equate Petrochemical Company was recently announced as the winner of Arabian Business Best CSR Company Award 2011 in Kuwait.
“Being more than a petrochemical producer, Equate pays great attention to overall sustainability within and outside Kuwait in all relevant fields, especially educational, medical and environmental matters,” Hamad Al-Terkait, Equate president and CEO.
“Since establishing Equate CSR Program in 2005, Equate has launched several world class initiatives, such as the Middle East’s first plant water recycle project, Kuwait’s first CO2 recovery project and Kuwait’s first seawater cooling towers.”
“In addition, Equate has established solid partnerships with several bodies within and outside Kuwait which has resulted in various CSR initiatives, including health awareness campaigns, accords with scientific organizations, relief efforts and other relevant matters,” he added.
“Equate is the first Kuwaiti company to receive Responsible Care certification and accreditation which is living proof of our commitment to ensure the wellbeing of all our surroundings” Al-Terkait concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans
- Top industrial trade fair opens in Oman
- Siemens names key Middle East officials
- Dow plans to sell chlorine operations
- Sabic opens $100m R&D centre in China