Etihad, World Airways ink major freight deal
Abu Dhabi, July 12, 2011
Etihad Crystal Cargo, the cargo arm of UAE’s national airline Etihad Airways, has signed a multi-year cargo contract with World Airways, part of US-based Global Aviation Holdings.
Etihad Crystal Cargo will provide two MD-11 cargo aircraft operating on scheduled routes to Europe, Asia and Africa.
“These two World Airways MD-11 freighters will help us maintain the cargo capacity we require as we sustainably grow our successful cargo business,” said Roy Kinnear, senior vice president of Etihad Crystal Cargo.
“Etihad Crystal Cargo is one of our longest-term customers, utilising World’s MD-11 freighter aircraft continuously for the past four years,” said Brian Bauer, Global’s chief commercial officer. “We are pleased to be part of Etihad’s rapidly expanding international network.”
Etihad introduced all-cargo services from its hub at Abu Dhabi International Airport in February 2005 and currently operates a freighter fleet of one Boeing 777F, two Airbus A300-600RF regional freighters, two A330-200 freighters, in addition to the two MD-11 freighters from World Airways. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour
- Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit
- General Lighting plans Saudi share sale
- Kizad eyes UK investment at aluminium show
- Grace plans $200m UAE fluid cracker JV plant
- Globe Express bolsters Kuwait services
- Gulftainer, Mag Line launch new vessel