Agility ‘committed to resolve US dispute’
Kuwait, July 17, 2011
Kuwaiti logistics firm Agility said it was committed to resolve the dispute with the US Department of Justice (DoJ), following an adverse ruling last week, the firm said in a statement on Sunday.
'The company continues to believe the case involves a civil contract dispute and should not be a criminal matter,' Agility said in the statement.
A US appeals court ruled last week against an attempt by the firm Agility to avert prosecution over charges it defrauded the US Army in multibillion dollar contracts.
Agility shares slumped 6 per cent on Sunday, dragging Kuwait's benchmark to a seven-year low. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants