Medco acquires new dredger
Doha, July 28, 2011
Qatar-based Middle East Dredging Company (Medco), a leader in capital dredging, port development and land reclamation, recently acquired a new heavy duty suction dredger in Singapore Shipyard.
The Al Jarraf vessel, has been successfully tested, commissioned and handed over; and the vessel is now ready to be mobilized globally to any future dredging projects, it said in a statement.
“We are thrilled that the Al Jarraf vessel has become part of the Medco Fleet,” said Abdulrahman Abdullah Abdulghani, Medco’s chairman.
The vessel will be a key component in a number of upcoming major projects in the Gulf and World Wide, including the New Doha Port Project and Qatar-Bahrain Causeway Project in Qatar, he added.
The 102 x 21 metre dredger can pump dredged material over very long distances and Al Jarraf has an integrated barge loading facility, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport