Emal sets safety record
Abu Dhabi, August 1, 2011
Emirates Aluminium (Emal) has celebrated one full year and 5 million work hours without a single lost time incident (LTI), highlighting the continued success of the company’s culture of ‘Safety First, Last, and Always’.
The Al Taweelah based aluminium smelter’s excellent LTI safety record demonstrates the high safety standards that have been set and the engagement of the workforce in deploying them, establishing the smelter as a global aluminium industry leader in health and safety.
Now in full production and on track to produce 750,000 tonnes of aluminium in 2011, the accomplishment highlights the successful transition of the deep rooted culture of safety established by Emal in the initial construction stages of the project into the operational phase of the smelter.
Emal president and CEO, Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, said: “Safety first, last and always’ is at the core of Emal, and the outstanding milestone of 600,000 tonnes of aluminium without a single LTI is the result of very robust and comprehensive health and safety standards, leadership, and team work across all the Emal departments.
“The achievements we have made so far will encourage and drive us forward as we continue to safely and responsibly accomplish the ambitious goals set for this important project. At Emal we do not stand still, we always look for improvement.” -TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans
- Top industrial trade fair opens in Oman
- Siemens names key Middle East officials
- Dow plans to sell chlorine operations
- Sabic opens $100m R&D centre in China