Qatar Navigation wins $521m contract
Doha, August 3, 2011
Qatar Shipping, a fully-owned subsidiary of leading shipping and logistics services provider Qatar Navigation, has won a QR1.875 billion ($521.82 million) contract from Qatar Petroleum.
Under the terms of the contract, Qatar Shipping will provide and operate harbour tugs, pilot boats and mooring gangs for Mesaieed Port for a period of 20 years from August 2014. Qatar Shipping will construct 19 boats in the coming three years to service this contract.
Qatar Shipping already operates the harbour tugs, pilot boats and mooring gangs at Mesaieed Port and this operation is expected to continue until the commencement of the new contract, a statement said.
“This is an extremely gratifying award and is a validation of the quality of the services we provide currently,” said K K Kothari, CEO of Qatar Shipping.
Khalifa bin Ali Al-Hetmi, president and CEO of Qatar Navigation, said: “We are pleased to be able to build on our long-standing, extensive relationship with Qatar Petroleum across a number of our business units.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- RAK FTZ names chief executive officer
- Gulf Extrusions unveils key techniques at Italy show
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment