Al Jaber posts 19m hours accident free
Doha, August 7, 2011
Qatar-based Al Jaber & Partners (AJP), a leading infrastructure and energy contractor, has been awarded the highest safety record to date by Shell for 19 million hours incident and accident free.
“We are delighted to receive the Award from Shell for 19 million hours without incident and are proud of such an admirable safety record and achieving near completion of this project with zero LTI (lost time incident),” said Ammar Ammar, business development manager for Al Jaber & Partners.
“This is indeed a massive project and we are known for providing complete construction solutions to very high quality standards for substantial development projects worth as much as QR1.9 billion ($522 million). With a capacity to treat 280,000 barrels of water a day, this water treatment plant is comparable to a plant for a town of 140,000 people.”
As this was one of AJP’s most significant construction projects, the company was dedicated to ensuring it was built without any safety incidents, a statement said.
Ammar added: “Safety is part of how we do business. It provides us with a permit to operate. In addition, the project needed to run smoothly, be delivered on time, to budget and to the highest quality standards. This is our company’s modus operandi, always aiming for the very best for our clients.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn