R&M wins key design award
Dubai, August 21, 2011
Swiss structured cabling specialist Reichle & De-Massari (R&M) said it has won the International Forum Design "iF Product Design Award 2011" for its breakthrough Cat. 6A module.
The international expert jury praised the performance, design and user-friendliness of the new RJ45 connector sockets for data networks, said a company statement.
R&M’s innovative Cat. 6A also enables better performance and maximum transmission reliability for RJ45 plug connections, it added.
In explaining its choice, the experts elaborated by saying, "The clear lines of the design in red and white underscore the message: Swiss quality."
Commenting on the win, CEO Martin Reichle said the design award confirms that R&M always offers far more than just a connector.
Reichle pointed out that the Cat. 6A module stood for revolutionary innovation plus good design, top quality, extensive functionality, easy handling and long-lasting use.
He referred to the iF Product Design Award as the crowning touch to what has been a unique product advance. He added that the Cat. 6A module was beginning to epitomize the R&M brand.
With the Cat. 6A module, R&M launched an industry breakthrough connection solution for RJ45 connectors on the market last year.
This was developed for the next bandwidth generation to operate at a data transmission speed of 10 gigabit per second. The module is intended for use in structured cabling of data centers, industry, clinics, banks and offices.
Its red plastic body packs a lot of high tech for twisted-pair copper cabling and high-frequency signal transmission.
R&M achieves effective decoupling and shielding with its pyramid-shaped wiring block and separation plates, said its product manager, Regina Good-Engelhardt.
The typical electromagnetic interference between the twisted pairs crosstalk is eliminated almost completely. The connections therefore exhibit good transmission quality and reliability. That is the basis for reliable data transmission and fast response by the servers.
"Our Cat. 6A module even exceeds the requirements of the latest version of the ISO/IEC 11801 standard, making it the ideal component for installing the most modern cabling in transmission class EA," Engelhardt explained-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan