Equate backs students training program
Kuwait, September 12, 2011
Equate Petrochemical Company has announced its sponsorship, for the fourth consecutive year, of the Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR) summer training program for high school and university students.
Established in 1995, Equate is an international JV between Petrochemical Industries Company, The Dow Chemical Company, Boubyan Petrochemical Company and Qurain Petrochemical Industries Company.
Equate said the 34th training course titled “Chemistry in Our Lives” included the participation of over 100 high school and university students who participated in scientific activities in biological sciences, chemistry, genetics and water resources.
Commencing production in 1997, Equate is the single operator of a fully integrated world-scale manufacturing facility producing over 5 million tons annually of high-quality petrochemical products which are marketed throughout the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour
- Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit