Equate backs students training program
Kuwait, September 12, 2011
Equate Petrochemical Company has announced its sponsorship, for the fourth consecutive year, of the Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR) summer training program for high school and university students.
Established in 1995, Equate is an international JV between Petrochemical Industries Company, The Dow Chemical Company, Boubyan Petrochemical Company and Qurain Petrochemical Industries Company.
Equate said the 34th training course titled “Chemistry in Our Lives” included the participation of over 100 high school and university students who participated in scientific activities in biological sciences, chemistry, genetics and water resources.
Commencing production in 1997, Equate is the single operator of a fully integrated world-scale manufacturing facility producing over 5 million tons annually of high-quality petrochemical products which are marketed throughout the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export