MEGlobal appoints new CFO
Dubai, September 20, 2011
MEGlobal has announced Niklaus Meier, controller and head of group control at Ciba in Switzerland, as chief financial officer (CFO).
Meier succeeds Werner Baur in the position, who is retiring from MEGlobal, the company said in statement.
“As MEGlobal’s CFO, Werner Bauer has been with the company since its inception and his contributions are too numerous to count,” said Ramesh Ramachandran, president and CEO, MEGlobal.
Before joining MEGlobal, Meier held a variety of management positions at Ciba in accounting and group control when he joined the company in 1995 as head of accounting.
In 1997, he was named Ciba’s head of the business support center where he was responsible for accounting and controls under US-GAAP. He reported for approximately 20 affiliate companies in Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and South Africa in this role.
In 2002, he was named head of group control, where he was responsible for accounting, consolidation, internal controls (SOX) internal and external reporting. In addition, he led part of the internal project team that changed the regional finance organization into a global organization along SAP work processes.
Meier earned a Swiss Federal Diploma as an Expert in Accounting and Controlling and is a member of the VEB work group “Swiss Controlling Standards.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV