MEGlobal appoints new CFO
Dubai, September 20, 2011
MEGlobal has announced Niklaus Meier, controller and head of group control at Ciba in Switzerland, as chief financial officer (CFO).
Meier succeeds Werner Baur in the position, who is retiring from MEGlobal, the company said in statement.
“As MEGlobal’s CFO, Werner Bauer has been with the company since its inception and his contributions are too numerous to count,” said Ramesh Ramachandran, president and CEO, MEGlobal.
Before joining MEGlobal, Meier held a variety of management positions at Ciba in accounting and group control when he joined the company in 1995 as head of accounting.
In 1997, he was named Ciba’s head of the business support center where he was responsible for accounting and controls under US-GAAP. He reported for approximately 20 affiliate companies in Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and South Africa in this role.
In 2002, he was named head of group control, where he was responsible for accounting, consolidation, internal controls (SOX) internal and external reporting. In addition, he led part of the internal project team that changed the regional finance organization into a global organization along SAP work processes.
Meier earned a Swiss Federal Diploma as an Expert in Accounting and Controlling and is a member of the VEB work group “Swiss Controlling Standards.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector