Saudi Airlines Cargo expands operations
Jeddah, September 25, 2011
Saudi Airlines Cargo, the leading cargo carrier of Saudi Arabia, is expanding its main deck capacity to the US from Europe.
The airline offers three B747 freighter flights per week to New York (JFK) and Houston (IAH) from their European hub in Brussels, Belgium, the airline company said in a statement.
From JFK and IAH, the Saudi airline serves many onward destinations throughout the US such as Atlanta, Detroit, Los Angeles and Seattle.
“By adding the US to our network, we do not only respond to the developments in the cargo market but also to the increasing demand of freighter capacity out of Europe to the US, especially to Houston” said Sander van Woesik, regional sales director Europe, Saudi Airlines Cargo.
“We consider our transatlantic connection a valuable addition to our network and with our global coverage; we are convinced that we can serve the freight forwarders and their customers even better,” he said.
Saudi Airlines Cargo operates 12 freighters and sells the belly-capacity on 125 passenger aircraft for Saudi Arabian Airlines spanning a rapidly expanding global network of 225 destinations, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai